Tuesday, February 28, 2017

AP ART spotlight

Advance Placement Art

We are nearing the end of our seventh year of participation in the College Board’s advanced placement art program. Ten paintings done… two to go!!! This year seven of our junior and senior artists will be submitting painting portfolios.
“Words cannot describe the pride I feel for these talented, hardworking student artists.” says art teacher, Anita Schwartz.
Our students are encouraged to become informed and critical decision-makers as they develop a portfolio that is personal to their individual styles, talents and interests, while demonstrating creativity and mastery of drawing and painting principles.
Spotlight on the Work of Ashley Klein

AP Art Portfolio
Acrylic Paint on Canvas
11th Grade
Teacher: Anita Schwartz
Rosenblatt High School at Donna Klein Jewish Academy

            “When I read the news or hear about Israel, it is characterized by negativity, violence, and gory images. The media publishes articles such as “Violence flares with 4 attacks on Israelis in Jerusalem and West Bank,” teaching people that Israel is filled with violence and danger.
 In reality, to me, Israel is full of beautiful light, both literally and figuratively, that brings me happiness every time I visit. Israelis don’t live in fear; they look to the light and know that everything is going to be okay. On my canvases, I try to capture the quality of light and shadows. My goal as an artist is to show the positive side of this beautiful country. I appreciate the opportunity to show the Israel I see in my AP painting portfolio.”
Ashley Klein


Displaying IMG_6199.jpg



--Anita Schwartz, M.A.T.

Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment