Friday, January 22, 2016

Minimester: Digitizing Projects

When I explained to the students that the websites they were learning to build were like "shelves" on which they could place anything they wanted -- hobbies, school work, interests, etc. -- I had no idea how many remarkably talented kids we have. I hope you enjoy viewing their work as much as I have.

A number of students began the course admitting that they had little comfort, skill or knowledge with computers, and ended the course constructing the foundations for beautiful websites, showcasing their many talents. I was proud of them, but the real pleasure was seeing them have pride in their own work.  

I was impressed at how quickly the students picked up graphic design skills. They often watched me demonstrate something once and then be able to edit their layouts with ease. Most were students I do not have the pleasure of teaching in a class, and it was fun to share the enjoyment of digitizing work with them. 

They agreed to share their sites with you. Please remember these are just beginnings, the result of only hours of work and learning. We used Wix, an Israeli program, to build our sites.










Best Wishes,


Amanda Dawes   
Dean of Technology Integration

No comments:

Post a Comment